My Y!

Monday 7 December 2009

Valkyrie - July 20, 1944 plot

There's not so many story about the (attempt of) assasination of Hitler. There's few I know. One of them was then made into motion picture. You can read the synopsis from iMDB or wikipedia. Since I'm doing nothing beside sending my CV all over the universe (hyperbolic :b), I watch it with a very small budget for renting the movie. When everybody is recommending 2012, I prefer to see it.

There's so many stories behind the scene. Maybe you'd hear some, that the cast for Colonel von Stauffenberg, Tom Cruise was rejected by everybody who idolize the Colonel, and also many Germany and the Colonel's family member, due to the actor's adherence to
Scientology. The permit to take a shot in the Blenderblock is not easy also. But in the end, we still able to watch the movie.

This movie is highly recomended. Since I like to see war-theme movie (you can see humanity among the bloody fight, I think this is the movie-maker's purpose beside "there's no good at war"), this movie told me there's some German who have different point of view from Hittler. Not all German was like him. Some refreshment while learning history, instead of seeing low quality movie in cinema nowadays (except 2012 which is good but I find no interest at all). 4 out of 5.


You did not bear the shame.

You resisted.

You bestowed an eternally vigilant symbol of change
by sacrificing your impassioned lives for freedom, justice and honor.

-Memorial to the German Resistance-

No comments: